Home>2011/12/01-02 The 2nd International Roundtable Meeting: "Towards the Century of Cities"
2011/12/01-02 The 2nd International Roundtable Meeting: "Towards the Century of Cities"
Post Disaster Communities and Arts Management
Asian counties have severely affected by "disasters", such as earthquake, Tsunami, volcano, social conflict and terrorism. We will discuss how to regenerate after their devastations and how to create knowledge and skills for regeneration, in terms of " art as medium". Why arts? How should we utilize arts for area management after disasters. How can we share local knowledge?
Thursday, December 1st
1. 10:30-12:30 Regular Session Case studies in Thai, Indonesia and Japan (Japanese/English)
2. 13:30-15:30 Public Workshop Arts for psychological care and community regeneration: a case study of Osaka (Japanese/English)
Coordinator: Shin Nakagawa (Osaka City University)
3. 16:00-18:00 Professional Meeting Dialogue between academia and society
Chair: Etsuko Yamaguchi (Osaka City University)
3. 18:00-20:00 Performance of "Unotori-Kagura (Folkloric Performing Arts in Iwate prefecture)"
Commentary: Hiroyuki Hashimoto (Morioka University)
Friday, December 2nd
5. 10:30-12:30 Regular Session
6. 14:00-15:00 Keynote Speech Folkloric Performing Arts and Local Society: Kagura in Rikuchu regions. (Japanese/English),
Speaker: Hiroyuki Hashimoto (Morioka University)
7. 15:10-17:30 Plenary Session: Post Disaster Communities and Arts Management
Chairs: Masaki Abe (Osaka City University)
*for the detailed program, please see http://www.ur-plaza.osaka-cu.ac.jp/RT2/
Organization: Urban Research Plaza,Osaka City University and Osaka International House Foundation
Admission Fee: Free
Application: Please send your information by Mail, Fax or Web Site
1. Name2. Number of participant3. Address4. Telephone Number5. Session number that you will join *
Where to apply:
Urban Research Plaza, Osaka City University
3-3-138, Sugimoto, Sumiyoshi-ku, Osaka, 558-8585
*register online here (via SSL-protected e-mail form)
Applications will be closed when the attendee limit is reached
* It is NOT required to send application, if you join ONLY the performance of Unotori-Kagura.(Session 4)
Venue: Osaka International House
8-2-6, Hon-machi, Tennouji-ku, Osaka